The purpose of Talent Community is to engage in a dialogue with your potential future employees: invite candidates who were not hired in previous recruitment processes, build dynamic talent pools from events and to store referred candidates.
When the time is right, you can link the potential candidates to active recruitment processes, or message them about interesting company-related news and updates. With the help of Talent Community, you may find a suitable candidate without opening a new position, and thus save the costs of a new recruitment process.
The confirmed Talent Community members are visible in Talent Community until the expiration of their consent (12 months at a time). We suggest setting up an automated membership renewal email that will be sent to the talents whose membership is about to expire. This can be done in “Company Settings” in the “Talent Community” section.
“Talent Community” page
On your Talent Community page you can see all your organization’s candidates. By default, this page is visible only to users with admin and recruiter rights.
Talent Community membership
There are three possible statuses of Talent Community membership:
- not a member - candidate has not yet been invited to become a member of Talent Community,
- not confirmed - candidate has been invited to Talent Community, but has not yet confirmed the invitation,
- confirmed - candidate has been invited to Talent Community, and has confirmed the invitation.
“Talent info” view
Click on the talent’s name to display all the information that your organization has available on the talent (see the picture below). There are several actions that can be performed from “Talent info” view, read more here.
Talent Community groups
You can create multiple Talent Community groups, for example based on talents’ similar backgrounds, or based on where you have found the talents from (as indicated in the picture below).
Then, you can share the Talent Community groups internally to individual hiring managers, for example. The purpose of using Talent Community groups varies between different recruitment teams, and they are most useful when created based on specific needs. Read how to manage and share your Talent Community groups here.
Mass action bar
To take mass actions in Talent Community , select candidates by checking the boxes on the right side of the screen, then proceed with choosing one of actions from the “Mass action bar” (see the picture below).
You can perform the following actions:
- “Send message” - send individual messages (recipients will not see other recipients' email addresses) to many candidates at the same time.
- “Link to active recruitment” - send application links to those members who may be interested in some of your open positions.
- “Add to new community groups” - add Talent Community members to groups, or invite to Talent Community.
- “Delete from community groups” - delete Talent Community members from groups.
- “Send talents a referral link” - encourage Talent Community members to refer other people who may be a good fit for your company by sending them a referral link.
To conclude this article, there are various benefits that come along when building your own Talent Community, the main being able to fill in new, open positions more quickly. With an existing database of potential talents for different kinds of positions, you do not need to start each recruitment process from zero.