Welcome to the TalentAdore family! It is super easy to start using our Virtual Recruitment Assistant, follow the 5 steps below to learn to use our solution and to get the most value out of it.
STEP 1: Sign in to TalentAdore
Admin user(s) of your company are responsible for giving you credentials to the system. They will ensure that you receive an email invitation from email@example.com with a link to the login page (see the picture below).
To sign in, insert your email address (make sure you use the same email address to which you received the invitation), and the password provided in the invitation email to the page. After that, change your password and you are good to start working!
STEP 2: Configure your personal user preferences
To ensure smooth communication with your colleagues and candidates, start with setting up your personal information and signature. Click on your avatar at the top right corner where your email or name and surname are displayed to open the list of “User preferences” (see the picture below).
To assist you with configuration of “User preferences”, we have described functionality of all six items on the list below.
1. User profile - add your picture, name, surname, email, role, and timezone.
2. Password - change your password whenever necessary, especially after logging in for the first time.
3. Feedback - you can edit your feedback preferences as described in the list below. Please note that your company’s admin users may have further instructions on how to set these preferences.
- Add or remove items in the feedback messages: company logo, "Rate this recruiting process" question, service provider text to feedback messages
- Choose the formality level of language used in feedback messages
- Choose how a candidate should be addressed (first name, last name, or both.
4. Notifications - select when and how often you would like to receive email notifications.
5. Language - choose the default language of the user interface. This does not define the language that will be used when creating new positions and communicating with candidates. A specific language can be chosen each time when creating a new position.
6. Signatures - define signatures that will be used when sending feedback and other messages. You can create signatures for each language separately, but a default signature will be used if the signature for a specific language is not set manually.
Note! Please, make sure that you do not move to the next step without setting up at least these two items: user profile and signatures.
STEP 3: Get to know the user interface
TalentAdore’s user interface for hiring managers consists of four main pages: “Home” (1), “Positions” (2), “Applications” (3), “Calendar” (4).
In addition, at the top right corner you can access “Notifications”(5), “Company settings” (6), and “User preferences” (7) that you already are familiar with. Please see the picture below.
“Company settings” are visible to hiring managers but cannot be modified. If you would like to edit company settings, contact the admin user(s).
This page is like a dashboard, it provides an overview of recent positions to which you have been added as a collaborator or which you have created yourself. In addition, this page allows you to see a variety of other items, e.g. delegated tasks, tasks assigned to you, new applications, candidates who have not been sent feedback to.
This page shows all positions to which you have been added as a collaborator or which you have created yourself. Click on “New position” at the top right corner under your avatar to create a new position. In case your company has enabled approval process, the same button is called “New job requisition”. In order to edit a position, click on the “Pencil” symbol. Other actions can be found from the list that opens up from the menu symbol.
This page shows all applications that you have access to. To find the right application you can use a full-text search or narrow it down to specific kinds of data, such as specific information of the application, status, position, step or outcome, and whether the candidate has confirmed invitation to join the Talent Community or not.
If you would like to send messages, copy or reject many candidates at once, select multiple candidates by checking the boxes on the right side of the screen. After it is done, choose the action from the “Mass action bar” (see the picture below).
Calendar in the TalentAdore system helps to schedule interviews. This page shows all offered and booked time slots (see the picture below). You can add additional time slots by clicking on “Add appointments” at the top right corner under your avatar or by choosing time slots when sending out interview invitations. By clicking the “iCal” button you get a link to import your calendar into the calendar application.
STEP 5: Familiarize yourself with application view and candidate evaluation
Evaluating candidates, adding notes, and sharing with your colleagues are arguably the most important activities in recruiting process. Fortunately, it's super easy in “Candidate’s application view”. Take a look at the picture below to start exploring this.
There are several actions you can take from this view, we have explained functionality of all items below.
“Recruitment flow” (see the picture below)
1. The “recruitment flow” indicates the step in which the candidate currently is. Move the candidate to the step you want simply by clicking on it. NB! Clicking a candidate to a new step will trigger an automated email to the candidate, if your company has allowed automated messages in the company settings.
2. Once handled, choose the recruitment outcome:
- “Hired” - if the candidate is recruited;
- “Rejected” - if the candidate is not recruited;
- “Withdrawn” - if the candidate is no longer willing to take part in the recruitment process.
Actions that you can take from “Candidate’s application view” (see the picture below)
3. Click “Edit” button to modify the candidate’s application.
4. Click “Copy” button to copy the candidate’s application to another position.
5. Click “Share” button to share the candidate’s application with other users and assign application-specific tasks.
6. Click “Reject without feedback” button to reject the candidate and mark recruitment process as handled without sending any messages. This feature can be handy in cases when the candidate has already received feedback (e.g. via phone call or face to face) and the user does not want to send any additional messages.
7. Use “Tags” to add keywords associated with the candidate’s application. The purpose of using tags varies between different recruitment teams.
Left-side tabs in “Candidate’s application view”
8. Take a look at “Overview” tab to see candidate’s application history, ratings, activities, and other relevant information. Scroll down to “Additional information” to read “Free description” that candidate submitted via the application form.
9. Use “CV” tab to review the CV without downloading it to your computer.
10. Use “Application letter” tab to review application letter without downloading it to your computer.
11. Use “Message” tab to send status updates and to schedule interviews (after the candidate has been moved to the interview step). All messages sent from the system are recorded in “Activities”.
12. Use “Feedback” tab to send the rejection messages. You can choose between personalized feedback message generated by TalentAdore system or your own custom messages. In both cases messages can be edited before sending, so you have full control over what will be sent out and when.
CONGRATULATIONS! You are now ready to start recruiting with the help of TalentAdore!
If you have further questions or comments, please contact:
- Your company’s admin user(s)
- TalentAdore’s “Support” tab at the bottom right corner.
- Support guides: open here.
Is there something else that you would like to see in this guide? Let us know and help us improve our Virtual Recruitment Assistant.